Tuesday, April 7, 2015

NEXUS 6 One Month Later






Hello everybody, its me again with another incredible article! Now, I know just a little over a month ago I still rolling with the LG G Flex (gen 1).  I'm sure you all remembered bashing every other phone out there including the Galaxies and the Notes when it came to the G Flex. Well, its time came and went. Besides, the G Flex was aging and I would've had to get another smartphone anyways.  But, enough about what to that old phone I had.  Lets talk about the one I been with for the last month!

NEXUS 6

The Nexus 6 is by Google and Motorola. Two of the most innovative tech companies and phone manufactures that are out. Now, you would think by having these two giants come together they are a beast!  I mean sure, not all will like the 6 inch display or that it has 2K resolution.  But, it is definitely a true phablet in my eyes. No need for a 7inch tablet. So, hey no tablet needed then.  No removable battery, but I have been using the Moto Turbo charger.  It works great. It gives me 6 hours of battery life extra when i need it.  The 3GB of RAM and 32GB of ROM is more than enough for me to use this device. No, it doesn't have SD card slot to insert. No problem for me, I use my cloud accounts such as OneDrive, Google Drive and Dropbox. They are all secured and I can access them anytime, anywhere.  So thats where all of my videos I record and photos are placed. In the clouds.  The gaming and video picture quality are just great.  I really don't see me upgrading to anything else.  I have stock android and that it is a Nexus 6, so since it is a Google product, it would be one of the few to receive a Android OS update first.  So, no worries in that department. Now, about the Android updates.  As when I first purchase the Nexus 6, I really didnt get to play with Android 5.0.  But, I do know it wasn't the best and yes it was very buggy and laggy and even slow at times.  So glad I didn't live through that. Now with 5.0.1 update right out the box as soon as I had everything setup.  Android 5.0.1 was just to pretty much fixed what 5.0 couldn't do.  Andorid 5.0.1 wasn't bad at all from my experience with the nexus device.  I mean sure, there were times a app didnt open and there were times a app crashed. Sometimes the Google Play Services error would appear on screen.   Didn't say that the phone or OS was perfect. No, it will never be perfect. If that would make the case, then even iOS users would switch real quick!  But that is not the case at all.  For the most part, it can do what it is set out to do.  A little over a week ago, I have received one of the biggest updates of the year for Android and the Nexus 6, Android 5.1. Now Android 5.1 adds more options for alarm toggling in the quick settings for priority settings and  Wifi and bluetooth options as well. Now you dont have to go through the manual settings just to switch Wifi connections or bluetooh.  You switch right from your quick settings mode.  You also get animation with portrait and auto-rotate mode.    There were also some more bug fixes and minor improvements as well.  But a couple of days ago, my phone did stop responding due to the UI not responding.  But I let it play it out and then the phone back to work.  I dont know if that had to do anything with the update or a particular app. So I downloaded the Device Assist app from Google for the Nexus, GPE (google play edition), and the android one devices.  According to the app, my Nexus 6 is doing good.  Which I think is pretty odd, if the UI had stopped responded.  No worries now, because it is working just find.




MY THOUGHTS

After one month of owning the Nexus 6 aka Moto X Nexus, I find this phone to be the BEST out behind the S6 and M9, because fanboys of the galaxies will get their voices heard first. But, its about what I like now and how I feel.  The Nexus 6 has stock android. You really can't go wrong with stock and it also has Google Now Launcher included on board with the phone.  It has all of your favorite Google apps and no BLOATWARE.  So plenty of memory with my 32GB model. It had 25GB available storage and I still have 23GB of storage left. Plus my cloud storage. 2K display is very nice.  Not as great as the Note 4's due to Super AMOLED VS AMOLED. You'll have to see the difference in person.  The camera I forgot to mention is better than what I heard. With my experiences and photoshots, the picture quality came out great and the 4K video is decent. It isn't the best. I'll give it that.  The battery life is average and with the Moto charger, it helps out.  This phone has almost been out for 6 months now on the market. I still would recommend this device.  I would definitely keep the Nexus in the top 10 and even in the top 5 smartphones for 2014-2015.  So, there you all have it.  My take on the Nexus 6.  What are your thoughts on the Motorola X Nexus?  Leave the comments below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment