Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Project Fi Experience One Week Later

                                                             
                                                              Project Fi Welcome Kit

So Project Fi is out in the wild now. It is not a secret at all. For the past week I have been using the Google Wireless service aka Google Fi or Project Fi. It means the same thing.  Recently I have seen my phone automatically connect to a Wifi hotspot in the area i was in that had public WiFi available.  Sometimes you might have to get approval of use of the WiFi. But some won’t need you to accept.  At times, you might say that is creepy. But Google promises that your data over the wifi is encrypted.  If you feel it is unsafe, you can always go into settings to turn off automatically connect to Wifi.  Now another thing I have noticed is that I was unable to tell whether or not if I was on T-Mobile’s Network or Sprint’s Network.  The Network that appears when using your data is Fi Network.  So Google sort of hides which Network you are using in between connections.  But Google chooses the best network for you at that time and moment. That is also the same way when you are switching between WiFi to data network.  For the past week, I have been getting very good signals in places I would not normally get great coverage with either T-Mobile or Sprint.  Thats what Im really satisfied the most about with this service. The call quality and video quality was great. Haven’t paid my very first bill just yet, but I have monitored my data usage and really haven’t used a half an gig just yet.  So, Im sure that I will be receiving some credit back.  Even if it is just $5 or $10 back. That can go to my next bill.  It seems that my battery life has boosted some even since I made the switch to Fi Network.  While using the network I have tested gaming, videos, and music. Everything just seem to run and play smoothly while on the network.  I must say, within just one week alone, I have never been more satisfied with data and Wifi connectivity the Google’s Project Fi on my Nexus 6.  Although, this service isn’t for everyone,  its definitely made for me. So, this is Project Fi: One Week Later.











No comments:

Post a Comment