Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Moto G 1 Week Later



So, I have been rolling with the Moto G as my main phone, but my Nexus 6 as my tablet. The Moto G is very good for what its worth! I only paid $179 for my version, which is the 1GB of RAM and 8GB of ROM.  This is the low end model. It still holds up even after 1 week of usage. Haven't really test the water resistance part yet. But, my phone was splashed in the rain.
But it was light, so that wasnt  major.  I watched YouTube videos and played some games with no issues at all. The phone is still responsive and fast as well.  Yeah the screen is not the best, but it helps on the battery life.  As I have been averaging over 5+ hours on-screen time.  Most flagships cant hold a screen time that long! The Moto Assist and other functions come in handy almost everyday for me. I set my phone to go silent when Im in my car and to alert me when Im home. Also make it go silent when I go to sleep. It even tells to get rest now. Lol. What a smart device.  I also like the twisting of the hand to open camera instead of swyping and pushing a button.  It is fast to react to my hand motion as well. I did do demo of that and will place it below.  I also like the chop of the hand motion for flashlight. You do the same motion to turn it off.  I love that it has no bloatware or OEMs apps and stamping all over the device.  More space to add apps and videos and pictures. But you can use up 4GB really fast. It has an SD card slot in the phone. So you can place a max up to 128GB.  But I only placed a 16GB model in. As for now, its good enough.  I like the moto display setting too. When I get an alert from a different app, the app icon appears first, then when you hold down on icon the notification appears and gives options to open the notification or just open the device to homescreen.  Love that it has stock android as well.  Much easier and simplicity. My first week with the new Moto G 2015 has been a great one.  I also was able to get Project Fi to connect on it as well.  The Moto G I have is a unlocked device that allows you to use T-Mobile sims and At&t sim cards in it.  This may play a role in the fact that Project Fi uses T-Mobile as well.  So maybe, this has something to do with it.






1 comment: