Sunday, October 4, 2015

Periscope App Review



For those of you who dont know by now Twitter has a live streaming app called Periscope.  This app is pretty basic streaming app that allows Twitter users to Live Stream from anywhere in the world where they are located right then and there.  Your Twitter followers can see you live stream when you start recording.  But the users must have the Periscope app in order to get the notification and start viewing.



PROS

You can record in potrait or landscape mode.  You may use your front facing camera or your rear.  The only other options you can do while watching is text the streamer or like their video.  You also can alert your own followers as well so they will know who or what is been stream and so they can join on the conversation or event as well.  I have tried some the live streaming a few times myself.  

CONS

I had a little minor issue with my front facing picture showing the viewing upside down and when the recording was complete, it was as if there was nothing wrong.  But did receive an minor update just this past weekend.  So maybe that shouldve fixed my little minor issue.  Now sometimes it will say trying to reconnect during a watching of a live streaming. It will vary of how strong of a data connection or internet connection you have.  For the viewing and picture quality of watching a live streaming, this also depends on your connection. Sometimes I pick up a great picture of a person I am viewing and conversating with and other times it is looking so so, which means not at all great.  When the chat room gets filled up, you wont be able to send a message to the broadcaster. Now I think it is missing some features I think would get more people to use it and sign up for a twitter, is having more than one live person streaming at a time. Sort of the way that Skype and Google Hangouts works.  Also another feature that could be missing is being able to upload right to Youtube or Facebook.  This would be great for users to see and possibly join in on Periscope because they wouldn't be able to see it unless they used Twitter.  Now this definitely should be a feature, just let anyone signup and use this application.  Why do you have to have a Twitter account to be able to fully use this app?

The Verdict

At first, I wasn't too hype about this application at first when it first released on iOS and iPhones. It just seemed like a regular app to me just like how so many people are hooked to SnapChat and Instagram.  But, for a couple of weeks now I have been using this app on my Android device and I was wrong. Thankfully, I am a active Twitter user so it was easy for me to log in and start using it. I have been getting live feeds from all the people i follow the most that are using periscope and being just interacting in a way on some other apps I couldn't do. I mean, of course you have Live streaming on youtube and hangouts but at times, it is hard to get your questions answered or you answering all of the users questions. To me, its addictive and I have been using this app almost more than I used any other app I enjoy on my Nexus 6 or Windows 8.  So if you are a heavy user and participant on Twitter, I definitely recommend this app to you.  For those of you on twitter, you can follow me too @iTechUOutGuy.  So, now I would like to hear you all thoughts about Twitter's Periscope.

No comments:

Post a Comment