Thursday, June 25, 2015

Why I Am NOT Upgrading Right Away to Windows 10

HP ENVY 15.6 X360 CONVERTIBLE PC (in image above)


Although Windows 10 is just near months away. I am ok with Windows 8.1. I like how I can use apps as well as the web versions and programs just with the desktop. I also like the split windows and I can have up to 3 apps open at one time. Mainly my social media apps can be easy to communicate with all my family friends.  I like that all of my apps and programs can be found in one place. If cant find something, I can always use the search bar if needed.  I also like that since my laptop is touchscreen and is able to rotate in 360, that I am able to use the screen to write out my notes or make note of somethings. I like drawing as well.  I also use my Xbox One controller to play my xbox live and windows games too.  I can even add my 500GB external hard drive add additional memory if needed.  I have my own voice assistant included with my laptop as well, her name is Dragon Assistant. She is not Cortanna but I don't need Cortanna if I have her to help me surf the web, open emails, open apps, look up weather, or search on the maps.  She is just perfect in any way. I am still able to use all my favorite Google apps and browser as well.  I am able to still get my work done and play efficiently. But I know Windows 10 will bring back some minor features that Windows 8 and 8.1 took out, but I am fine with how I use my Windows 8.1.  I really think that the tiles would have done much better on the tablets and smartphones compared to PCs and laptops. If Windows came out with 2  types of OS, one for Desktops and one for tablets, but allowed them to work together and kept the start menu on Windows 8.1, there wouldn't be a need for Windows 10 so soon.  So as we coming down to the wire of the official release of Windows 10, do you all still want Windows 10 or no?


No comments:

Post a Comment