Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Why I am Switching To Just One Main Device For Everything





Hello readers, viewers, subscribers, and followers.  This is my rant on why I am not going to be using anymore basic or low budget devices from now on. I believe I should've stopped this a while ago sometime.  Using 3 tablets that don't run full power of a laptop or PC with great processors and speed and great performances is not a easy task to carry 3 devices around and try using them all in between time for certain things. When I can trade them all in and pinch in a few hundred dollars to get a PC or 2 in 1 device I truly need and that will last me a long time. Approximately anywhere between 4-6 years. The laptop I had been using was only 2GB of RAM and 250GB of Hard drive disk and had it for exactly 4 years! No matter what Ive done to it, it just keeps getting slower and slower and slower. At the time now using an Toshiba Encore 2 10.1 Windows 8.1 with Bing, it has only 1GB of Ram and 32GB internal memory which in reality it is only 25GB but could extend external memory up to a 128GB SD card. But for what this device is worth, I was only able to use basic usage, like watching YouTube, playing casual windows gaming, surfing the web, and of course using Office 365 and such.  But for gaming as Ashphalt 8, you won't be able to play this game on this device as it requires 2GB of RAM. Geez! Not all tablets are even at 2GB of RAM yet. iPad Air 2 just now booted up to 2GB of RAM, while the Google HTC NEXUS 9 is at 2GB of RAM, but that even low for Google or even Android tablets which have been on the market for over 3 years now. But the Toshiba Encore 2 was ok for just basic functions and it is a good affordable Windows 8 tablet with Bing. But just dont expect to do anything powerful on this device. Now on to the iPad Mini.  The iPad Mini is just a great feel in the hands and it is easy to hold and carry in one hand.  My issues with the iPad Mini is that there is no customization, low Ram, no expansion for external memory except for iCloud and Google Drive, and all the bugs and errors with iOS8! I really don't like my experiences with using the iPad. It has been just a headache.  All the lags and stutters and apps closing out on  me. Just a pain with it. The iPad apps take up a lot of memory. Using only 16GB will only leave you with just 12GB plus that horrible 1GB of RAM. But at first Steve Jobs said that the iPad only needed 1GB of RAM. I believed that at first until last year when Tim Cook and Apple announced the 128GB model which cost about thousand bucks. The price alone really isn't worth it, unless you are a Sheep and true Apple fanboy, then go for it.  But even with the changes and enhancements of the new iOS 8 and even the new released of the iPad Air 2, I really can't say that people can be truly productive and work just from the iPad, not even 80% of the time. So the iPad isn't able to do it all.  Now last  but not least, the Galaxy Tab 4.  The Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 is really a great looking tablet.  It really is. It is slim, sleek, a decent back cover, the display really sticks out due to the AMOLED, and decent performance. The speeds to me are a little slow. Due to it being a Google Android tablet device, there is lag and even apps forced closed and just stops all at once from working. Once again I come across with a device with low storage and RAM. While I am able to play some decent gaming and watching movies and music, this device also has slow downs and disappointments for me. So, I'm just going to stop playing around with the low budget. For some reason tablets still have a long way off on being a replacement for the laptops and desktops. To some it may be able to pass for a replacement, but for others, not so great. As for me, well I now just see that what I need is way more than just some tablet with only my basic needs but I want something that I can push to its limits. I already push these devices off the edge, no notes with them either. That is an inside joke. So with tablets and PCs, it will matter what you use. Forget about the pricing and think about what is important and fits your needs the best.  So by the end of the week, I will have an update on what I am going to go with as my one main PC or tablet or hybrid device for a while.  Stay tuned.  Subscribe to my blogspot so you can keep up to date on news and information as I bring it here.  Thanks for your viewing and reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment